Current Job Openings
Actor’s Express seeks part-time carpenters to assist on scenery construction on a project-by-project basis.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Execute scenic designs using drawings provided by the Technical Director or Production Manager, which may include help with construction of properties and structures for lighting.
- Utilize woodworking, metalworking and other crafting skills.
- Work with intern crew members to complete scenery construction (as assigned by Technical Director or Production Manager).
- Assist with load-in and strike as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on knowledge of health and safety requirements for all tools and shop activities.
- Maintain a safe work environment for yourself and all staff.
Rate is $15.00 per hour.
Actor's Express is a theatre that challenges and reflects contemporary human experiences in an inclusive environment. We seek to jumpstart individual transformations through the shared adventure of our live performances, which range from daringly provocative to audaciously hilarious.
Our primary goals are four-fold: to nurture the next generation of playwrights through workshops, readings, and full productions of new plays; to develop and nurture Atlanta's artistic community through rigorous theatre training; to catalyze the dialogue essential to the vitality of our neighborhood and our city; and to enhance Atlanta's reputation nationally as a thriving center for live performance.
Please email Production Manager, Seamus M. Bourne at [email protected]. Include a resume that clearly demonstrates your theatre construction skills (Word documents or PDFs only, please). Positions are hired as needed for durations as short as one day and as long as five weeks. Please indicate your generally preferred availability. No phone calls please.
Actor's Express offers administrative internships throughout the season. Contact Alex Scollon at [email protected] for more information.