CASTING NOTICE – “Crossroads” Podcast Project
Dear Atlanta Actor,
Actor’s Express announces casting for a new, original podcast project.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
It is the journey of living and what someone will sacrifice in order to live. “Crossroads” challenges the concepts that Earth is the only place human life can survive, and that humans are the only species that can comprehend on an intellectual level and are the only ones in search of life, happiness and liberation. Actor’s Express has commissioned six Atlanta writers to write this original serialized drama podcast series. Taking place over seven episodes, “Crossroads” is an adventure that takes place throughout time and space.
WRITERS: Natasha Patel, Skye Passmore, Quinn Xavier Hernandez, Kayla Parker, Avery Sharpe, Amina S. McIntyre
DIRECTOR: Amanda Washington
PRODUCER: Amanda Washington
CASTING DIRECTOR: Sheila Oliver
Rehearsals – Week of February 8, 2021
Recording – February 13-15, 2021
*Tentative dates pending final confirmation.
- ARU – He/They. 20s-30s BIPOC. Human. Visionary, organizer, orgistrator, risk taker. Wants much more from this life. Believes that he can find more to life than what he currently has.
- SOL – She/Her. 20s-30s. Black. Human. Ballast. Butch lesbian. Centered. Content with her life. Likes herself. A little rough around the edges but has a heart of gold.
- ZANE – He/Him. 20s-30s. BIPOC. Stuck in a world that he believes he will be in forever, with no way out. (pronounced ZAH-nay)
- LUCY – She/Her. Teens. The Devil. Self-assured. Rigid. Without feeling or compassion.
- FALCON – He/Him. Late 20s. Black. Knowing all, seeing all. A driver. No particular emotion. He has a job to do and he does it. An anthropomorphized falcon.
- JO – He/Him. 20s-30s. Black. Appears to be human.
- CAL – They/Them. 30s. BIPOC. Appears human; bear-like qualities.
- JEEOHDEE – She/They. 1 billion+ but doesn’t look a day over 33. Black. Butch and majestic. (pronounced the way “God” is spelled)
[PLEASE NOTE THAT WRITING IS STILL IN PROCESS AND THAT OTHER CHARACTERS MAY BE ADDED.]
Actor's Express is looking to cast local Atlanta-based BIPOC actors in their upcoming podcast “Crossroads.” Please note that AE will not be able to offer travel or housing for this project. Please prepare a contemporary monologue (preferably early 2000s-today). We ask that you upload your audition to YouTube or Vimeo, or another web-based streaming platform. Please check all appropriate privacy settings and submit a link to the video. Please note that any submission requiring a download will NOT be considered.
Please note that the characters in this podcast series use adult language.
Email your video link, along with a headshot and resume, to [email protected]. Also, please include your general availability during the time periods listed below. You may (but are not required) to indicate character preference, but please note that any specific attributes of each character will be honored in the casting.
WHEN: Please submit all auditions by January 31 at 12:00 noon.
CONTRACT: This is a non-union project. All positions will be paid.
SCHEDULE: Rehearsals – Week of February 8, 2021*** | Recording – February 13-15, 2021***
***Tentative dates pending final confirmation. In your submission email, please indicate your general availability during this time period.
Unfortunately, scripts will not be available for perusal during the casting process. If you have any questions, please email Casting Director Sheila Oliver at [email protected].
Actor's Express operates under the Small Professional Theatre audition guidelines set by Actors' Equity Association. Please see the Casting Call (Atlanta) section of www.actorsequity.org for current audition notices. Actor's Express hires both Equity and non-Equity actors. We also attend the annual Atlanta Unified Auditions.
Actor’s Express is committed to fighting systemic racism and white supremacy. Further, AE is committed to reflecting, promoting and defending diversity in all its forms at every layer of the organization. These include the following: Programming, Artists, Intern Company, Staff/AE Workplace, Board of Directors, and Audiences.
To read the full Actor's Express Anti-Racism & Anti-Bias Action Plan, click here.