About Actor's Express
Actor's Express is a theatre that challenges and reflects contemporary human experiences in an inclusive environment. We seek to jump-start individual transformations through the shared adventure of our live performances, which range from daringly provocative to audaciously hilarious.
Our primary goals are four-fold: to nurture the next generation of playwrights through workshops, readings, and full productions of new plays; to develop and nurture Atlanta's artistic community through rigorous theatre training; to catalyze the dialogue essential to the vitality of our neighborhood and our city; and to enhance Atlanta's reputation nationally as a thriving center for live performance.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Box Office Manager Corey L. Smith at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Daytime Box Office Assistant
Compensation: $11 an hour
Reporting: The position reports to the Box Office Manager and works closely with the Managing Director.
Working Hours: 12 – 16 hours a week average during day. Working hours would typically fall between 12 pm - 6 pm. Possibly more administrative hours available depending on skills.
Summary: Box Office Assistants are responsible for selling and distributing tickets with courteous and effective customer service at Actor’s Express performances. The Box Office staff also manages the bar/concessions area including personnel, inventory and monies.
• Answer phones and maintain patron services.
• Check voicemail and email for ticket reservations and confirm.
• Manage nightly inventory of tickets and sell tickets at the door.
• Process and print nightly Box Office report.
• Manage Bar/Concessions area.
• Keep the lobby and box office area clean.
• Work with volunteer ushers and interns.
• Outstanding customer relations, communications and problem solving in a fast paced environment.
• Coordinate with Production on specific requirements for each performance, i.e. late seating, seating restrictions, etc.
• Deal effectively with special seating requirements.
• Work effectively under pressure to ensure all patrons are seated in a courteous and friendly manner before show time.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education / Experience: High school diploma required. Guest Service experience in Theater preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Actor's Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or sexual orientation.