Actor’s Express, a non-profit SPT4 professional theatre, seeks a Development Director to lead its annual fundraising efforts including individual giving, special events, and grants. Details available at www.actors-express.com/about/careers. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Managing Director, Alex Scollon at [email protected] Applications will be reviewed starting March 5, final application deadline March 19. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, the position will remain open until filled.
Job Title: Development Director
Reporting: The position reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Artistic Director and other management staff.
Supervision: This position supervises a development assistant to be hired in May 2021
Working Hours: Full time, salary 40 hours weeknights and weekends sometimes required.
Benefits: Receives paid vacation and sick leave pursuant to AE employee policies as a full-time salaried employee. Full-time position also includes full health insurance coverage.
Areas of Responsibility
1) Fundraising Planning
- With the support of the Managing Director and Board Development Committee lead the creation and execution of fundraising strategy to meet annual targets for individual donors, corporate support and institutional gifts.
- Maintain a robust grants program by meticulously monitoring the grants calendar to ensure grant writing, review, submission and report deadlines are met.
- Create an annual fund campaign calendar including individual fundraising targets and tactics each month. With the Marketing and Sales Director set a telemarketing schedule for donation.
- Research and investigate new grants to support programs and institutional growth.
- Plan fundraising and donor appreciation events annually
2) Fundraising Operations
- Write grant narratives, collect supporting material and create grant reports
- Coordinate and execute annual fund activities including mailings, emails, matching campaigns, etc.
- Ensure donations are inputted and tracked in our online database – Spektrix
- Compile and send tax acknowledgment letters weekly
- Manage donor relationships and ensure donor benefits are realized.
- Support, execute and plan special fundraising programs including major gifts, special events, capital giving, and planned giving.
- Engage staff with fundraising programs and regularly report on the fundraising process.
- Engage with patrons and donors as an ambassador for the theatre in public convening’s, during performances at AE, and through professional development opportunities
- The applicant must be a strong technical writer able to passionately represent the work of the theatre in grant applications, fundraising appeals, and online appeals.
- The applicant must demonstrate an ability to efficiently organize their workflow, managing multiple projects at once, and adhering to strict deadlines.
- The applicant should be self-starting, always ready to take on new projects.
- The applicant should be intellectually curious, committed to supporting and exploring new artistic voices, new programs, and new ways of fundraising.
Actor’s Express is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, anti-racist organization that is equitable, inclusive and supportive for all. Women and BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job will be work from home throughout the Covid shutdown and will return to in-office work when we return to in-person work.