About Actor's Express
Actor's Express is a theatre that challenges and reflects contemporary human experiences in an inclusive environment. We seek to jumpstart individual transformations through the shared adventure of our live performances, which range from daringly provocative to audaciously hilarious.
Our primary goals are four-fold: to nurture the next generation of playwrights through workshops, readings, and full productions of new plays; to develop and nurture Atlanta's artistic community through rigorous theatre training; to catalyze the dialogue essential to the vitality of our neighborhood and our city; and to enhance Atlanta's reputation nationally as a thriving center for live performance.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Box Office Manager Corey L. Smith at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Front of House Manager
Summary: The Front of House Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the house (the lobby and seating area) during the run of the show. House managers welcome patrons to the theatre and oversee their safety and well-being before, during, and immediately after the show. They answer questions, listen to patrons' compliments and concerns, and make audience members feel welcome.
Compensation: $11 an hour
Reporting: The position reports to the Box Office Manager and works closely with Stage Management, Box Office Assistants, Actor's Express' Intern Company, and volunteer ushers.
Working Hours: 20 – 24 hours a week average during production. Production runs vary from show to show with three to five weeks in between. Call times for the House Manager is 90 minutes before the start of the show and the shift ends 30 minutes after the show.
• Greet and welcome patrons. Assist and help patrons with any needs.
• Coordinate with stage management to open house, manage start times and intermission.
• Oversee the safety of the audience
• Manage pre-show and post-show routines or events
• Train and assist volunteer usher staff.
• Ensure the lobby and audience seating area clean and that proper signage is in place.
• Assist patrons exiting the parking deck
• Outstanding customer relations, communications and problem solving in a fast paced environment.
• Coordinate with Stage Management on specific requirements for each performance, i.e. late seating, seating restrictions, etc.
• Deal effectively with special seating requirements.
• Work effectively under pressure to ensure all patrons are seated in a courteous and friendly manner before show time.
• Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative.
Education / Experience: High school diploma required. Guest Service experience in Theater preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Actor's Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or sexual orientation.