Marketing and Development Manager
Low to mid 30’s
The position reports to the Marketing and Development Director.
Full time. 40 hours a week. Nights and weekends sometimes required.
Position includes health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave pursuant to AE employee Policies.
Areas of Responsibility
Execution of Subscription Sales
- Execute the subscription sales plan to meet set goals and timelines
- Assist in the creation of season marketing materials and content
- Coordinate the annual season mailing campaign
- Make outbound telemarketing sales calls on behalf of Actor’s Express
- Coordinate and create online content including social media, email campaigns and digital ads to promote season and Actor’s Express brand
- Place season advertising pieces in print and online outlets
- Distribute season related video and multi-media.
Execution of Single Ticket Sales
- Manage the creation of production images, videos and graphics
- Coordinate production mailings and distribution
- Manage mailing and email list trades and reciprocal program stuffers
- Create and place production advertising in print and online outlets
- Oversee the creation and printing of show programs
Execution of Fundraising
- Process donations
- Compile and send tax acknowledgement letters
- Write grant narratives and reports
- Execute annual fund mailings and small donor programs
Areas of Competency
Content Creation – Create and manage content to promote Actor’s Express programs. Includes updating website, blogging, photography, videography, maintaining social media presence, and editing and distributing digital media.
Digital, Social Media and Email Marketing – Use digital advertising including Google AdWords, social media and email campaigns to develop new audiences, sell subscriptions and tickets, share information and increase awareness of Actor’s Express.
Press Relations – Manage a database of local, national and niche traditional media (newspapers, magazines etc.), local and regional radio and television, and online media to create and place preview stories, interviews and production reviews.
Graphic Design – Understand how to create and manipulate graphics for fundraising, marketing and season renewal programs as well as web content for social media and website.
Writing and Communication – Strong writing and communication skills to support website, press release and grant writing activities.
- Knowledge of Spektrix or other ticketing systems
- Basic graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Direct mail, print and social media marketing skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Atlanta arts community
How to Apply
To apply please email Managing Director, Alex Scollon at [email protected] with a copy of your resume as well as samples of your work as a marketing or development professional. Please include at least one writing sample. No phone calls please. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.
Actor’s Express is committed to working with diverse artists, audience, boards, and staff; we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or any other factor. We encourage all people to apply.