The position reports to the Managing Director and works closely with the Artistic Director, and jointly supervises the Marketing & Development Coordinator with the Development Director.
Position includes health insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave pursuant to Actor's Express Employee Policies.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create and execute an annual subscription sales plan to meet financial and audience retention goals.
- Coordinate and manage the creation and mailing of the annual season guide and other season collateral
- Coordinate a telemarketing sales campaign
- Create and place season advertising pieces in print and online outlets
- Create and distribute season-related videos and multi-media.
Show Marketing and Single Ticket Sales
- Create and execute a season marketing plan for single tickets with clear tactics and specific target markets for each production and event.
- Supervise the creation of digital marketing strategies, including targeted email, social media, and online advertising
- Create, edit, write and send emails, social and online content for AE including video content, sales emails, digital marketing, and Google advertising.
- Coordinate mailings and distribution of collateral material
- Manage mailing and email list trades and reciprocal program stuffers
- Create and place production advertising in print and online outlets
- Oversee the creation and printing of show programs
- Create and distribute press releases for each performance event at AE
- Coordinate and expand opportunities to showcase a production “on-air” including regular opportunities with WABE.
- Invite and manage press at the opening night
- Pitch stories about AE to national and regional magazines.
- Through thought leadership and sound strategy present new ideas about AE marketing activates to enhance and deepen AE’s market reach.
- Be the expert user and primary problem solver for the ticketing / CRM system at Actor’s Express (Spectrix).
- Oversee adding productions, subscriptions, and other sales elements to the website.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of sales and ticketing totals
- Manage marketing vendors to facilitated creating content including, video, photo, and graphic design.
- Supervises the Marketing and Development Coordinator and administrative interns.
- Act as the staff liaison to the Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors.
Applicants should show competency in the following skills
Strategic Marketing – The ability to create innovative marketing plans that align AE’s strategic and revenues goals while expanding the audience.
Budget Management – Experience administering a marketing budget of at least $50,000.
Arts Marketing – Understanding marketing for live events and how to use social media and traditional marketing platforms to engage patrons with a season of artistic programs.
Staff and Contractor Supervision – Experience supervising creative content producers, including graphic design, photographers, videographers, staff members, and volunteers.
Content Creation - As a leader on a small staff, the Marketing Director will need to write and create marketing materials, pull customer lists, and work press events and develop strategic marketing plans.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and an example of a marketing project you have managed to Managing Director Alex Scollon at [email protected]. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis beginning on July 23 and concluding on August 6. The position is open until filled.
Actor’s Express is committed to fighting systemic racism and white supremacy. Further, AE is committed to reflecting, promoting, and defending diversity in all its forms at every layer of the organization. These include the following: Programming, Artists, Intern Company, Staff/AE Workplace, Board of Directors, and Audiences.