The Costumes and Wardrobe Intern position is designed to provide early-career technicians with first-hand experience on fully realized productions, further develop existing skills, and prepare the Intern for professional work.
Working directly with the Production Manager and Guest Costume Designers, the Intern will be integral to realizing the visual and costume needs of each mainstage production in the season. The Production Manager will work with the Intern to establish an understanding of their needs and goals, and together develop a list of duties to meet the theatre and Intern’s needs equally. This Intern position will be paid a 400$ stipend per Mainstage Production.
During the Internship the applicant will learn:
- Reading and working with costume design packages.
- Working with Guest Costume Designers to assist in fittings.
- Working with Guest Costume Designers to assist with costume construction & alterations.
- Scheduling, budgeting, and balancing designers’ desires with the theatre’s needs.
The Intern’s duties include:
- Working as a Costume Design Associate and/or stitcher for each mainstage production.
- Work as Wardrobe Lead for all mainstage productions, including costume repair, show laundry, and show prep.
- Working as Wardrobe Crew for three mainstage productions. Including all responsibilities of Wardrobe Lead and quick changes.
- Coordinating dry cleaning of costumes for each mainstage production.
- Working strike for each mainstage production.
Additionally, the aforementioned opportunities will be supplemented with workshops offered by staff, curated to satisfy the Intern’s individual goals. These classes may include but are not limited to:
- Costume design
- Costume construction & maintenance
- Budgeting, hiring and scheduling
- Paperwork Management for costuming & wardrobe
The Intern will be given the opportunity to design, construct and/or source costumes for AE special programming and the annual Intern Showcase.
To apply: Contact our Production Manager, Seamus Bourne ([email protected]), with an email titled your name and which production internship you are applying for. Please send a cover letter, current resume, and if applicable your portfolio/website.