Safety Protocol Announcement
Posted on August 09, 2021
|PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE ON HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT ACTOR'S EXPRESS|
Effective immediately, all audience members must be fully vaccinated (2 shots +14 days) and be able to show proof of vaccination before attending our productions. Proof of vaccination will be required to pick up your tickets from the box office. Actor's Express staff will review a digital or paper copy of your vaccine record to ensure it is dated at least 14 days before the show date. We understand that for some vaccination is a complex issue and that members of our community may not be vaccinated for any number of reasons, including the inability to receive a vaccine for medical or religious reasons. Patrons who are unable to be vaccinated may present a negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of the performance they are attending. Or they may purchase a rapid home covid test kit from the Box Office and test negative on-site before entering the theatre. These home tests can take up to fifteen minutes to complete. AE strongly recommends bringing your vaccine information or negative test results with you to the performance. AE cannot hold the curtain waiting on the results of a rapid test purchased from the box office.
Additionally, Actor's Express will maintain the following already planned safety procedures:
1. All patrons will remain masked while in the building regardless of proof of vaccine and will stay masked throughout the performance.
2. Patrons will have timed entry. Patrons will be directed by the house staff when to enter the theatre. The box office opens at 7 pm and the theatre opens at 7:30 please plan to arrive early to ease congestion in the lobby while moving to your seats.
3. House staff will guide patrons exciting the theatre row by row.
4. The lobby of the theatre will not remain open after the show, patrons are not to congregate in the outer hallway after the show.
5. There will be no food or drink allowed in the theatre and no concessions will be sold.
6. Tickets and programs will be paperless/touchless.
7. All doors will be propped open to avoid hand touches.
8. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available on site.
We also encourage everyone to follow best hygiene practices like hand washing, covering sneezes and coughs, and other common-sense safety measures. If you are not feeling well or experiencing symptoms, we encourage you to stay home and contact the Box Office to reschedule your tickets. We are happy to exchange your tickets for a time when you are feeling better. If you have any questions about this policy, please reach out to Managing Director Alex Scollon by email at [email protected]. Please know we are adapting to this situation to maintain the utmost safety for our artists, staff, and audiences. We will continue to update policies to protect the health and safety of all involved as needed. Thank you for your understanding and your support of this policy. We are excited to return to the theatre and appreciate you working with us to keep our artists, staff, and audiences safe.